Sunday, May 20, 2012

Steel in Motion 2012

Last year we had a good time at the Steel in Motion show put on by the Geargoyles C.C. Well, word must of got out about out the rods, racing, and good times, because when I crested the hill to the track on Saturday afternoon all I could say was "HOLY SHIT!!!" It looked like there were more than double the amount of people and cars this year when compared to last year.

Show cars, drag cars, rust cars, vendors, pin striping, parts, music, and more!!! I love looking at and digging through dirty, greasy parts, and neat shit. Even when I have no idea what I'm looking at.

If you don't like racing or have an attitude. STAY THE FUCK HOME!
This is all about speed and good times!

Some of these guys are getting serious about racing. This Gasser wasn't the only ride with slicks and a full cage. I saw more dedicated race machines this year.

Granddad ran down the track with his 22 month old grandson on his lap. The kid was stoked!!

No lights or trees for this event. The flag girl sends them down the track.

Turbo Diesel that blew up Friday night.

Posted on the Turbo Diesel.

A father son grudge race. The boy whipped dads ass this go round.

It is run what you brung, but what the fuck is that lining up in the back ground?!?

This poor guy got lost heading to a 4 wheel drive rally in the mountains and spent all afternoon trying to beat the kid in a go cart. Just kidding. It's Ron from the Iron Lords C.C. running his International down the strip.

Hillborn mechanical fuel injection. Anyone have a set up for a Harley?
I really want one for my Shovelhead.
Cheap of course!

My pick of the show goes to one that wasn't even entered in the show. I really dig this International Scout.
(Yep, it's been on this blog before.)

A big "THANKS" goes out to the Geargoyles C.C. for a great event.
We plan camping next year. Maybe by then I will have a better camera with a battery that doesn't die after a few hours.

On a personal note:
Our condolences goes out to Matt and his crew.
They were unable to attend due to a death in the family. ( I found out Saturday while at the track.)
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers Brother.
We are here if you need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment