Sunday, June 3, 2012

VW Van for sale.

Trip needs to sell this thing. It's been sitting at his Aunts place in Dallas, NC since he moved to Denver, CO a few years ago.
I think it's a 1974 VW Westie. The original motor was replace with a 1800cc unit that has 800 miles on it.   It does need some rust repair and will need to be towed to its new home. It ran when parked, but that was about 4-5 years ago.
He's asking $3,600 obo. Clean NC title in hand.
I checked it out about 2 years ago. It was dry on the inside and was not leaking. I was told it still is dry and mold free.

The luggage rack that sits over the front cab is missing. Someone removed it, so they could install a sun roof. The sunroof was never installed, but the hole for it is.

The body is real straight and I don't think it's been in a wreck. All doors and windows opened smoothly when I checked it out.

Front seats are not original.

It has the Fridge, sink, cabinets, table, stove and manuals.
There is a Greatful Dead tape that fell behind the cabinet. Trip wants it back and is not part of the sale.

Interior is original and the seat folds down to a bed.
It does not have a battery and currently does not run.
Not a bad project. I really think it won't take much to get her going again.
Drop me a line or post a comment here if you or someone you know is interested in the van. I will send you the contact info.
Click the VW Van label for more pics on an older post. The price on that post is way off, so don't think that's what he is asking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment