Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Legend has passed.

E. J. Potter The Michigan Madman.
1941-2012 R.I.P.

He was famous for first, sticking a V8 into a Harley 45 frame with a Whizzer fuel tank.
This bike can be seen at the Don Garlits museum in Ocala, FL.

On a 7" wide drag slick, he would do 1/4mile burnouts at speeds over 100mph.
Those old tires just could not hook up.

Later he broke 200mph in a 1/4 mile using a jet powered trike.

After a few accidents on the motorcycle, he switched to cars figuring they would be a little safer.
Here he is installing a V12 Allison aircraft engine into one of his drag cars.

Later he moved on to tractor pulling. His first tractor was know as "Ugly" with it's Allison V12 Engine.
"Double Ugly" had two V12's in it.
There is a book on him. Read it if you are a gear head of any kind.


Thanks to BadMonkey for sending me the link.
I would have missed it.

1 comment:

  1. I had to let you know, you were the first one to tell me about EJ.

    ReplyDelete