Monday, January 3, 2011

Front end fun.

Chrome covers suck!! They add weight, rattle, and usually look cheesy. They also hide damage and stupid modifications. Since I am waiting on parts to come in. I figured it was a good time to rebuild the front end.

More parts for the pile.

Some jack ass cut the headlight visor mounts off the top tree so they could install a chrome cover.

The lower tree is missing a fork stop and the other one is cracked and almost gone.
I think one has been sourced from the pile o' parts at Gear Head Cycles.
The neck bearings were almost dry, but still in good shape.
A 39mm front will be in future plans.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. 'Some jackass cut the headlight mounts......'

    You sound just like me every time I find something someone fucked up on a bike I'm working on. Some people should not be allowed to have tools.

    ReplyDelete