Sunday, April 22, 2012

IRON LORDS CC Party

I knew the Food Lion Auto Fair was in town, but wasn't sure if the Iron Lords CC were going to throw a bash or not. So, I was really stoked when Ron sent me a text. "Be there Fucker!", was all it said and all it needed to say. I had gotten my invite and the party was on!
I arrived solo to the party. Yep, everyone bailed on me. Someone had a bachelor party to go to. Mr. and Mrs. Gearhead were going to play the banjo naked by a burn barrel they had just picked up at an auction. Even my redhead "didn't feel good".
So being the sensitive and caring guy that I am. I gave her a shot of Wild Turkey and said "SEE YA!"

With the Loose Lug Nutz playing in the back ground, I wandered around checking out all the cool rides.
VW's were an unusual sight. I counted three buses and at least one Karmann Ghia. Even though I am not a fan of dirty hippies, I am a fan of VWs so I enjoyed checking these things out. If I remember correctly, I know were a '74 Westfalia is waiting to be rescued. Oh, yeah like I need another project that I won't finish.
Anybody need a '74 Westie project? I can tell you where to get one. ( for a finders fee of course)

I've seen this motor every where!!! It's been on a bunch of car forums and even a AR15 forum!
Pin Stripes really do make it look good. I like the detail on the fire wall.

First it was flat black, then rust, followed by old patina paint, and now it's bare metal that seems to be the rage now with bikes and rods. As cool as some things look this way, I really like a clean smooth glossy paint job. Bring on the flames and candy!!!!!

Now before you think all these guys do is buy a turn key car and call themselves a car club, you need to walk around the shop first. There are a lot of on going projects with serious fab work being done. Welders, fabricators, mechanics, they do it all. Plus, the shop is packed with all kinds of neat shit. I could spend hours just walking around the shop checking it all out.

Kenny's new ride. Lowered and sitting just right. The old Coleman cooler inside was really cool.

Well that about covers it. As usual the Iron Lords CC were great hosts and threw a great party. If you get a chance to check out one of their parties do it. The guys are friendly and knowledgeable, so don't let the tattoos and grease scare you.
A big "Thanks" goes out tp the Iron Lords CC for a good time.

1 comment: